Straight Talk: Personal Belongings
- Cover Your Gear with a single color cloth or realm friendly blanket. This keeps OOG items hidden away to help with immersion, and clearly separates them from anything that is part of an In-Game area.
- Keep Gear in Closets, On/Under Beds, or against the Wall. Remember that many of the sleeping spaces are suppose to be part of the game and NPCs or other Players are allowed to travel through them to get in or out of the buildings or look for characters as part of their role. Rooms should remain fairly clear and accessible at all times, and doors should not be locked or otherwise blocked.
- Keep Track of Personal Possessions. Over the past few events MANY items have been left in common areas (such as the Lush Dining Room) and either go home with a staff member (trying to find the owner) or get thrown away. Please do not leave your possessions out when you go on mods or leave the event site. A staff member or other player may have to move them out of a shared space and things tend to get lost quicker after they are moved.
- That Goes Double for Kitchen Stuff. Do not leave personal dishes in the sink for someone else, and if you borrow something from the camp, wash it, and return it to the side closet.
- Keep Clean. Food wrappers, plastic cups, and trash (the garbage kind, not the Mundanian) should be thrown away when you are finished with it. Cups may be marked and kept for later, but they should be placed next to the water cooler, not left elsewhere in the room.
- Keep Valuable or Sentimental Items at Home. If you don't want it broken, don't bring it to a LARP. Yes, it might be a very cool item for your character, but accidents happen and grandma's tea set is pretty irreplaceable. Same goes for expensive items. While phones are super commonplace these days and are OK to have with you but out of sight, other electronics or valuable items should be kept in your vehicle. If its something you only plan to use once during the weekend, a walk out to your car is not the end of the world.
- Consider Where You Are Sleeping; Especially in the warmer and milder months. We have a ton of space other than the 3 main buildings and you are allowed to spread out. If you are someone who brings a lot of stuff or likes space then taking an Adirondack shelter might be your best option.
New Game Mechanic: Gathering Bags & Profession Crystals
This was all part of a live test we were doing in regards to a new group of cards that will be part of the next upcoming set. While most of this set (including it's name) will remain secret and not be released until next year, the profession-based Crystals will arrive in November. They allow you to transform these simple gathered items into Refined Items, Potions, Inventions, Medicine, Slotted Weapons, and even Trinkets and Relic cards.
Help Around Camp Grove Point
We will be assisting the Ranger with a few projects that are aimed at bringing two of their campsites back online. Volunteers need to be able to carry things and perform other simple labor, and expect to get a work out. Anyone who volunteers will be awarded 4 AP and 3000 SP. Additionally, we can stay at the camp that night to rest up for the weekend.
Please Contact Adam or Lauren if you think that you can help with the Volunteer Project.
-Adam & The Catalyst Staff